Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday in Victoria, BC

I want to share with you where I live.  Victoria is mostly a Government and Tourist city, so on Sundays in the summer it is wonderfully busy with people from all over the world.  I decided to be a tourist for today and what fun.  I loved walking around, taking pictures, looking at people, architecture, and all the amazing things going on around the city.

I live about a 15 minute walk from the city centre.  Like so many cities, we love our local markets and we do have a lot of them.

I visited Bastion Square Market, a very busy one with a lot of people walking around.




It was a beautiful sunny day, so everyone was out, listening to music, eating, and taking a lot of pictures.
 Oh yes, and many wonderful
things to buy.


 We are a very British city as you can see with the "Red Double Decker buses".
 Victoria is a very young city, so most of the architecture is only dating back only about 100 years.  I enjoy these older buildings, as most have been deemed as heritage and are all refurbished.
This is Johnson Street, where a lot of new boutiques are opening in this area.
These pastel drawings are done by a local artist.  He loves to render the old masters such as Vermeer.  As you can see some of the work has already faded and will be gone with the rains, so he'll come back and do it again.  This guy taught himself how to draw, with practice he has become very good.
 Did I mention that I have a new boyfriend.  LOL!!  He does speak back or move a lot, so perfect for this busy and bossy woman.

We have these statues all over the place.  Personally, I don't like them, kind of creepy!!!  Buy hey, gotta find a date somewhere????
I want these cloths!!!!!  This is all I going to say about this picture!!
 I can't miss putting a picture of our Parliament Building, you can see it from all angles in the Inner Harbor.
I love this photo.  I feel it captures the essence of Victoria, beautiful buildings and nature combined, biking, walking, and a very relaxed atmosphere.


12 comments:

  1. Awesome Suzanne, it was wonderful seeing parts of Vancouver through your pictures. Halifax, Nova Scotia is close to 300 years old and I love the architecture of the older buildings. I understand where you are coming from there. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I glad to hear you loved these images of Victoria. I've only been as far as Quebec City, but would love to visit Nova Scotia!!! I hear great people live there. tee hee

      Delete
  2. Beautiful place,amazing pictures thank you for share.
    I like your new boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abdul!!!! Yes, my new boyfriend is made of steel!!! LOL!!! I had a fun day taking these images. Great to hear from you!! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Suzanne,

    Looks Great !!!

    I enjoyed it Suzanne :) :))

    Keep on ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome!!! I enjoyed being a tourist in my own city today!!!
      Best to you :D

      Delete
  4. Nice place Suzanne!! This summer i´ll take photos of my born town and i´ll make a post too :P good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Victoria Alex!! I would love to see photos of where you live!!!

      Delete
  5. Hahaha on that date thingy :) You're funny!
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful pictures, they brought so much warmth to my heart! You know how I feel about Victoria...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!!! Yes, he is a cool operator!!! :D

      I'm so happy to hear you love the photos. I had so much fun taking these photos knowing that you would enjoy the sites.
      Big hug to you!!!

      Delete
  6. Suzanne - I just loved this post. I felt like I was there with you. I feel as if I have traveled to Victoria and experienced the city with you. I am a fellow Glog member and you kindly posted to my blog. Blessings and thanks for the tour. I enjoyed it and I will be back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen:
      Thanks so much for visiting. Yes, I remember you from Glog. I'm so happy that you felt like you there with me. Perhaps we can enjoy ice cream together the next time. tee hee.
      Many blessings of love, joy, and prosperity to you :)

      Delete