Sunday, July 29, 2012

Creativity in Charcoal

I love drawing in all mediums, pencil, charcoal and pen.  I was asked by Petronela http://unikorna.blogspot.ca/ if I had any charcoal images, but I must admit charcoal isn't something that I've mastered.  The material feels awkward to use, so details can be more difficult to articulate when getting exact ideas across on paper.  This image is in charcoal and something I did in school.  The object is of a skeleton, something that I've always found fascinating, not only for its form, but for the metaphor or death.



I enjoy feeling the different cycles within life, the transformations that allow us to grow and expand into someone who we never thought we could become.  I feel close to this image for my life has shown me, so many dramatic changes within myself that if I were to image twenty or even five years ago who I would be, I would not have been able to comprehend the transformation.  Die to the old and allow yourself to bloom into who are you becoming.


12 comments:

  1. Hello Suzanne:
    This is a most effective drawing and one in which, despite what you say about your using charcoal, you have achieved great depth of feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane and Lance!!!! I appreciate your lovely comment. This drawing was created in about 10-15 minutes, one of those spontaneous moments for which I love.

      Delete
  2. Hi Suzanne ,

    had collect your Award from www.southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in ???
    Drawing says something to the creater :)

    Keep on Dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Punitha!!! You are very sweet for sharing your award!! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Nana!!!! :) Wonderful to hear from you.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting this drawing and very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very intuitive words you write Suzanne, Die to the old and allow yourself to bloom into who are you becoming. Awesome;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Death takes on a whole different meaning!!! Death is in life and life is in death. Thanks for your lovely comment :)

      Delete
  6. I like your words describing how much you're attached to the image. You have art in your words as well as in your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! What a wonderful way to see what I create. Beautiful!!! :)

      Delete