Monday, July 9, 2012

I love Architecture


If someone would have told me a couple of years ago that I would love archtecture I would have laughed at them.  I didn't really gain an appreciate for structure until I started to draw and also teach people how to render buildings.  I then become hooked.  I love looking at all the angles, decor, and new forms that are created during different time periods.  The images are of many different styles.  I also love to abstract the buildings in photographs to create something new and different.



Most of these building don't have a name, but this particular image is of Fan Tan Alley.  It is located in China Town, and is noted the thinest alley in town.




I love this image of concrete and sky, connecting as one.  An old abandoned building on Pandora Street.  A part of the city with a lot of heritage buildings.

From old to new, these two last images are of the Atrium Building located on Yates Street.  I love the curves of movement built within this structure.  It was just opened about one year ago.  It has been developed as a green building in Victoria.  

10 comments:

  1. Hi Suzanee,

    looks Great!!!

    and Amazing:)))

    Keep on Dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely compliment. I always appreciate your visit!!
      Hugs!!!

      Delete
  2. I am more of an old fashioned kinda girl...I like columns and arcades and domes :). Too much concrete brings me to reality ...:)but your photos are astonishing indeed :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the old architecture of columns, arcades, and domes unfortunately we don't have a lot of this kind of structure on the West Coast. :(
      Thanks for having a look :)

      Delete
  3. I like your shots here and they really are interesting buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alida!!!
      I really love walking around the city and taking pictures of buildings. I'm happy to hear you like them. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Suzanne,
    I understand your passion for architecture. These photos you have displayed are fascinating. Every building has its own story. I like it when the different types of architecture, the old with the new, can blend in harmony. I have seen such examples of that in Britain, where the old does indeed blend in with the new. Sometimes a difficult balance.
    Thanks for this, Suzanne.
    In kindness, Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary:
      Thanks for your thoughtful words. I do love these buildings and hope to get some close up images to see the details. Perhaps when I get a better camera. Yes, I agree that a balance with old and new architecture can be difficult to obtain. We all hope for interesting and creative City Planners, who have a good eye for design.
      I always appreciate your insightful words!!!
      Suzanne

      Delete
  5. Ciao Suzanne, grazie per esserti aggiunta ai miei followers, mi piace la tua sensibilità per l'arte in generale, anch'io provo la stessa cosa...come sai sono siciliano e amo la Sicilia con tutta la sua storia millenaria, ho scritto molto sull'architettura barocca siciliana che per me rappresenta la più grande espressione del genio creativo umano degli ultimi mille anni, spero e ti invito a leggere sul mio sito del Barocco siciliano e magari fammi sapere cosa ne pensi....a presto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Franco:
      Thanks for your comment. I enjoyed looking at your blog and will definitely look at your post on Sicilian Baroque architecture.
      Art can be a wonderful way to connect. I look forward to reading your blog in the future.
      Best,
      Suzanne

      Delete