Saturday, September 1, 2012

Unlike me ........

I have enjoyed creating this blog, so that I can share a bit of myself with all who wish to have a look.  I'm very touched by all your stories and how much you share so many personal challenges and passions with us.

It is unlike me to share to many intimate details as  I like to keep this blog to my art and writings; however, I'm would love to tell you a little more about myself.



At the tender age of 18 months, I loved to suck my thumb.  It was the best thing ever, and I continued until I was 10 years old.  Yes, there could very well be some good therapy sessions with this confession, but oh well, I believe being a little odd is a good thing.

My family wanted to stop me so badly that they even had a family friend say that my thumb will shrink and fall off if I continued.  But alas, I continued and found myself measuring the size of my thumb everyday just to make sure that my left thumb was not getting any smaller than my right.  I still have both thumbs to this day.

Portrait of my thumbs!!!



It is unlike me to share such personal stories, but I just had to let this one out of bag.  :)



18 comments:

  1. Hello Suzanne:
    We are much relieved to see your two thumbs intact! Actually, we fail to see the problem of thumb sucking. Few adults appear to do it so we imagine that, sooner or later, children outgrow the habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do agree!!! It is funny to think of such an innocent act being a horror to parents. Wonderful to hear from you. :)

      Delete
  2. What a delightful story :))), you were such an adorable child. You should share more of these memories, I take great pleasure in reading them :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petronela!!! I have only a few photos on computer all are sitting in a box, so I much get to putting them on hard copy. Thanks for the lovely compliment!!!
      Hugs :)

      Delete
  3. you looked so cute! How many memories in our childhood, all the treasure forever.
    I do enjoy following your blog too. Your writing style and photographs are very original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alida!!! Yes, I do love to remember all the sweetness of childhood!!! Cheers!!!

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha such a nice recap dear :) Know what my Mom said I have never sucked my thumb...Interesting kid na!! btw you look so cute in that pic :)

    Today's Recipe ~ Beef Patties - Indian style
    You Too Can Cook Indian Food Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya!!! Yes, childhood stories can be very funny. It is amazing what we believe when we are young. LOL!!!! I will have a look at your recipe today!!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing a little of yourself, how adorable were you, awe:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what about unlike this, its very baeutiful photograph, you looking so cute in it, i want to tell you that my freind also suffering from. He always sucking his small finger till he 15 year, his mom dad Were quite upset by his habit. one day they decide that will die of the habit. Then one day they burned his finger in lighter, Months, her little finger went to look for the band ad,and he was released from his habit.
    Computer Addict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're friend is okay as this is not a healthy way to treat your child. Actually, in Canada the law would judge his parents act as child abuse. Your story is very sad. :(

      Delete
  7. Hi Suzanne,
    Yes, I have arrived! :) Very good and don't you look so cute sucking your thumb.
    Oh yeah, have to um hand it to you with this one. A big thumbs up!
    Have a lovely Labour Day in Victoria, eh.
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary: LOL!!!! And thanks!!! I have both thumbs to give you a double thumbs
      up. :)
      I did have a lovely Labour Day!!!
      Suzanne

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the share. It's very cute......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hej ;)
    Fajny blog ;P Naprawdę bardzo mi się podoba I będziemy zaglądać częściej ;D
    if you like follow us =)
    and let me know to follow you back,
    http://dance-is-our-love.blogspot.com/
    Pozdrawiamy;
    Simple Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting!!! I will look at your blog soon. :)

      Delete