Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Guest Post

My Little Italian Kitchen

I love drawing apples, so I thought about creating a post with a recipe.  Unfortunately, I don't bake very well, so I asked Alida from My Little Italian Kitchen, if she would like to added one of her wonderful recipes to my blog.  I love her cooking blog for her delicious creations, but also for the amazing historical facts her adds in about Italy.

Apple Tarts




Little tarts always look cute and inviting. These apple tarts are simple to make.
A spoon of almond essence will give the pastry that almondy flavour which combines perfectly with apples and if you sprinkle some crushed almonds on top you will give them that crunchy bite which will make them irresistible.
As with all shortcrust pastry you will need to work your ingredients quickly to avoid overheating the pastry. The butter should come straight from the fridge.
They have been a great success in my household. In fact they have gone very quickly!
Ingredients: (for 6 tarts)
  • 250 g self raising flour
  • 100 g sugar
  • a pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp almond essence
  • 150 g butter
  • 4 apples
  • chopped almonds
  • apricot jam
Put the flour on your working plan, add the egg, sugar, salt, vanilla and almond essence and mix it all up.
Add the diced cold butter and incorporate quickly to the flour mixture to make it into a ball. If it is too sticky put it in the fridge for 30 minutes covered in cling film.
Roll it flat with a rolling pin and lay the pastry into 6 molds for tartlets. Sometimes it is easier to do it with your hands especially if the dough is still a little sticky.
Pinch the base of the tartlets with a fork and spread some jam over them.
Peel and slice the apples into thin edges and lay them on the tarts. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Cook them at 200C for 15 minutes.
Dissolve 3 tbsp of jam with a little hot water and brush the top of the tarts so they will get a shiny look!

Thanks Alida!!!!




Pencil on paper
9" x 12"
2012

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Suzanne. It is a pleasure for me to be your guest blogger XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome!!! I was so happy that you accept my invitation. The post is very sweet!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Tienen una pinta estupenda Suzanne, la voy a preparar para el fin de semana. Me gusta muchísimos las diferentes recetas de tarta de manzana.

    Un abrazo grande,
    Eva.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Eva!!! I'll let Alida know that you're going to make the recipe.
      Big hug, Suzanne

      Delete
  3. It looks delicious and the drawing ... Beautiful! Kisses, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Armando!!! I love the combination of recipe and drawing and photo.
      Hugs to you,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  4. I am a fan of Alida's blog and food...congrats for both you ladies :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alida is wonderful!!! Thanks for your lovely wishes!!!
      Hugs and Kisses :)

      Delete
  5. (l)★░▒▓██ ★░▒▓██ ★░▒▓██ ★░▒▓██★ ░▒▓██ ★(l)
    (l)❤((_,»*¯*♥*¯*«,_))❤((_,»*¯*♥*¯*«,_))❤((_,»*¯*♥*¯*«,_))❤(l)
    (l)▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄(l)
    (l)█▌▐██▌▄████████████▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀███(l)
    (l)█▌▐█▌▄██████▌▐████▌░▐▄▄▐████▌░▐▄▄▐██(l)
    (l)█▌▐▌▄███████▌▐████▌░▐███████▌░▐█████(l)
    (l)█▌░▐████████▌▐████▌░▀▀▀▐████▌░▀▀▀▐██(l)
    (l)█▌▐▌▀███████▌▐████▀▀█▌░▐████▀▀█▌░▐██(l)
    (l)█▌▐█▌▀██████▌▐████▌▐█▌░▐████▌▐█▌░▐██(l)
    (l)█▌▐██▌▀█████▌▐████▌▐▀▀░▐████▌▐▀▀░▐██(l)
    (l)▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄███(l)
    (l)❤((_,»*¯*♥*¯*«,_))❤((_,»*¯*♥*¯*«,_))❤((_,»*¯*♥*¯*«,_))❤(l)
    (l)★░▒▓██ ★░▒▓██ ★░▒▓██ ★░▒▓██★ ░▒▓██ ★(l) ´´o¶¶¶¶¶¶o
    Happy weekend From Hary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWWWW!!!! What an amazing message. Thank you Lucky!!! :)

      Delete
  6. I just popped in to say hello. I just visited Alida's blog and these little pies are perfect. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!!! I grateful for your visit.
      You also enjoy this wonderful day!!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Suzanne,

    Nothing like a tart. Apple tart, of course. This posting, your superb drawing and the corresponding recipe from your friend, demonstrates your 'tart's in the right place' :)

    Have a good weekend, eh!

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary:
      LOL!!!! Yes, of course, an apple tart!!! :) You are the best!!!!

      You also have a fabulous weekend!!! With or without a tart, apple that is. wink wink

      Suzanne

      Delete
  8. I love your shading of the apples and of course the actual apple treats look delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Launna!!! I do love shading apples!!! And yes, the Alida's tarts look delicious. :)

      Delete
  9. I arrive late to discover your beautiful website! I'm Alida's blogger friend, I love her cooking and I think it is brilliant to connect art and food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita, thank you for visiting!!! I also love Alida's cooking. What two great things in life to celebrate, food and art!!! Wonderful to meet you!! :)

      Delete