Sunday, December 30, 2012

Division

We all have these thoughts that cause suffering, but if we could only sit behide these thoughts and really witness the drama we have created.  This simple act would release us, so that we can become who we really are.

I sold this painting about 4 years ago, but it still lingers in the silence of my soul.


I sit watching,
only watching,
not judging,
just watching.

Then like the ocean caressing the shore,
my thoughts slip back into consciousness.
I truly let go.


acrylic on canvas
24" x 24"
2009

8 comments:

  1. Truly letting go... it is what makes us free.

    I love the sculpture Suzanne:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Launna!!! I love that you see a sculpture when it is a painting. Now that I look at it, I can see the 3 dimensional form. Cool!!
      Happy New Year to you!!

      Delete
  2. beautiful words and painting. Happy new year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Armando!! Thank you for your kind words. All the best for a wonderful creative year ago.

      Delete
  3. Letting go...toughest task but then it brings peace eventually ...
    Happy new year..enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sadia:
      Yes, it can be a touch task, but it feels so good when it does happen it is worth it. Wishing you a Happy New Year too!!!
      Many blessings for a wonderful year.

      Delete
  4. Hi Suzanne,

    How's it goin', eh? :) Your words and your art are like waves of wonder and thought intertwined. I appreciate you sharing this.

    May the New Year, bring you new adventures and much joy.

    In kindness and goodwill,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary:
      You are so sweet!!! Thank you for your caring and supportive words!!! And thanks for sharing my blog on Facebook.
      Sending you many blessings for the best year ever.
      Big hug,
      Suzanne

      Delete