Sunday, December 16, 2012

When the past exhales

A co-worker has recently left for India and I saw some of her pictures that bought memories flooding back like it was yesterday.  I visited India 2 years ago, a time that changed me on so many levels.  I could feel my memories of happiness, but also of a time where my heart shattered into pieces.  I felt a loss, an emptiness that has never really healed.   My life is so wonderful on so many levels, but still I feel the dust of India floating through my veins.


I sit in silence,
watching myself,
knowing that my perceptions,
are mine to own.

I now go deeper within,
sitting quietly,
allowing the tears to fall,
and seeing the sun rise in the horizon. 

10 comments:

  1. And through your tears, may you find inspiration for a better tomorrow. A new dawn brings a new hope. Bless you, Suzanne.

    Pawsitive wishes, Penny the Jack Russell dog....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary and Penny!!!! You are an angel with wings that always brings beautiful words full of inspiration.
      Many blessings to you!!!

      Delete
  2. Suzanne, it sounds like you had a very profound experience, I can understand from everything I hear about India;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Launna, yes it was an amazing experience with both pleasure and pain intermingling.

      Delete
  3. Dear Suzanne,
    I'm visiting you today to say Merry Christmas. I wish to everybody blessings for 365 years together, sharing ideas and emotions.

    PEACE

    Sissym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sissym:
      Thank you for such a wonderful message. Wishing you the best year ever!!

      Many blessings to you,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  4. Dear Suzanne,
    I believe you still have India in your heart. Many people say that after visiting it.
    You understand what's important in life when you see what poverty for some people means and how lucky we really are.
    Happy Christmas Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alida:
      Thank you for your lovely message. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!

      Cheers,
      Suzanne

      Delete
  5. India has an irresistible fascination indeed. I wish you Happy Holidays and lots of inspiration for your arts :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Petronela:
      So wonderful to hear from you!!! Yes, I do love India!! :) I wish you the best year holiday ever.
      Many blessings to you,
      Suzanne

      Delete