Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Call of Birds

I love birds, but my favorite are falcons and owls.  The falcon started finding me about 3 years ago.  I was out walking and there in a tree in front of me it was sitting, just looking, so I stopped to say hi.  There are only a couple in my neighborhood, so I felt very happy to have been so close to one.  From that first visit, falcons started flying around me.  I just love their presence.

On the other hand, the owl has been with me for awhile.  My first visit was when I was living in Vancouver, BC about 18 years ago.  I was out walking in a very forested area, and out of the corner of my eye something was flying towards me.  This owl landed in a tree right in front of me.  I was in awe and I felt so wonderful for having such an amazing bird in my company.   We sat together for about 5 minutes.

I just love how birds fly through the air without making a sound, their quiet strength and grace sits inside my heart.  These 2 drawings are in honor of these beautiful birds.


6 comments:

  1. I think birds are graceful and powerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzanne,

    How's it goin', eh? :) Your love and fascination of birds is truly admired. I like birds and I greatly appreciate the gentle ambience of your drawings.

    I wonder if the owl knew 'who' you were....

    Take care, eh!!!

    Gary...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary:
      You must have been reading my mind. As I do believe that that owl knew me. Actually, he started to do some sort of circling with his head and then flew around me a couple of times. Perhaps a mating dance???? LOL!!! A girls got to get a date somewhere??? LOL!!!
      Great to hear from you!!!
      Suzanne

      Delete
  3. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please follow back on GFC friends if you can. Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out.
    http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-4-linkup.html Thanks again
    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lenetta:
      Thanks for visiting. I will definitely have a look at your blog. Look forward to connecting.
      Best,
      Suzanne

      Delete